Friday 24 October 2014

News that caught my eyes this week

Happy Friday everyone. I hope everyone is as happy as I am that this week has come to an end and finally payday has arrived.

One shocking event caught my eyes earlier this week was the death of Xolile Mngeni who had been convicted of murdering Ani Dewani at the request of her newly wed husband. He died in prison after being diagnosed with a brain tumor and denied medical parole.

OR Thambo's statue in Bizana was burnt by striking community members. I just can't stress enough how I find this act criminal. Is there no other way to show disgruntle without destroying property? Poverty should never amount to criminality.

In Entertainment, I miss Generations shem. I lately find myself having to chat to the people in my house at 8:00 PM every week evening. however, I am not sure if I will warm up to seeing Karabo Moroka and Tau Mogale back on my screen again.

With all that said, what are we TOLAH-Picing today? someone (ME) mentioned degrees. I hope my Cornerstone HR Call Centre Certificate qualifies.