Wednesday 29 October 2014

Remedies in the pantry

Recently I was ecstatic when I discovered olive oil can be used to remedy dry hair. Then boredom led me to more discoveries some of which were more memories than new discoveries really. So I am gonna share with you my household items that have multi uses than what they are well known for.

  • Salt: more than a seasoning. Can also be used to gargle when you have mouth sores and bad breath. Can even be used to soak tired feet at the and of a long day.
  • Vinegar: can also be used as a cleaning agent. If you have crawling pests in the house you can use vinegar as a disinfectant. Also inside cupboard to get rid of roaches.
  • Garlic & onions: this mix can be used to ease cramps associated with period pains. Boil the two and pour into a small bucket or ndishi then steam your abdomen by acting as if you are sitting over the bucket with legs open to allow the heat in via the vjay jay.
  • Lemon: lemon is like the wonder fruit. I have seen ladies put it in their drinking water to help lose weight. I discovered here that its juice can be used to help with skin breakouts by simply putting it in boiling water and steaming with it an voila, Bob's your uncle.
  • Cloves: can be used for sore teeth. When I was "teething" my aunt gave me a spice bottle with powdered cloves and I was never ready for the relief.
  • Bleach: I use bleach in dishes automatically nje. It is also best to purify water.  My granny used to put a out a cup in a 25l bucket and would leave it for a bit and the water would be considered safe to drink.
These are just some of the things I know that are used for more than one function. What home remedies do you ladies swear by?

By Queen Troll