Tuesday 25 November 2014

I love Music

I love love LOVE music, especially house music! Nana moaned the day we met that every song is “my song”! LOL. Mara that’s the power of music, just about every great or horrible moment in your life can be attached to a song. Like your first kiss, the time you lost your virginity, that first time you got dumped, or the first time you were involved in an accident… I have tonnes of musical memories, here are a few:
·         Whitney Houston “I’m your baby tonight” – this one played on NYE going into 1992, I was nearly four, I absolutely remember. My little cousin had just been born and my uncle had lost his eye defending my mom during a robbery…I love that song!
·         Marvin Gaye “Let’s get it on” – the only time in my life I have ever seen my grandparents dance, was to this song, I think it was the night of my under grad graduation. That memory is etched in my heart forever!
·         Two Tons of Fun “Just Us” – two weeks before my grandfather died we had a party and they played this song, he got up and danced and asked the DJ to play it again, we danced with him – our very last dance with him.
·         Lauryn Hill “Zion” – from the very moment I learnt I was pregnant, that song meant so much more to me, still does, reminds me of an other-worldly love, difficult to describe, but amazing…
·         Donald Sheffrey and Nastee Nev “Hung Up” – this one reminds me of my little cousin who passed on, she didn’t know it and I taught it to her, one night it played and we lost our minds! That was the last night of sheer madness, she passed on that December


I could go on forever and ever, but I’d like ya’ll to share yours! What are your songs? Or your memories linked to music?

by Loulou