Wednesday 27 May 2015

Basic's Must Have In Every Kitchen

My opinion all kitchens must have a fridge, stove, microwave and kettle, others are nice to haves.

When I started working I was still staying with the parents. At work they had a “kitchen stokvel” and due to peer pressure I joined the gang.

Biggest mistake of my life, I bought all the nonsense with my money. My kitchen is full of Tupperware, unused appliances which range from toaster to griller.

Some of the useless items I bought, filling my cupboard space, coffee maker, griller, rice cooker,and a slow cooker.

Yes to me they are useless but if you are a coffee lover your kitchen will definitely need a coffee machine.

I am so in love with the Nespresso machine from far. It is not huge and for those with small kitchen it will be a best buy unless you have a humongous kitchen.


I am not a bread person hence I have never used my toaster, if you enjoy your toasted bread a toaster is a must for your kitchen. For those with school kids another

After I bought my place I was not aware a stove is not part of the package, all my appliances became useful then. The problem with me I hate plugging and washing all these appliances. I lived on rice, and meat. I also have a wok which I love. It is very useful for breakfast preparations.
One other item I adore is the blender for smoothies. Mine is no longer working due to excessive use.must have is a sandwich maker. For those health conscious I hear George Foreman grill is an essential tool.

And ladies please stick to one label, you cant have a Salton toaster, Kenwood kettle and Russell Hobbs blender LOL.


by Basic