Sunday 6 September 2015

Weekend roundup

Hope everyone's had a beautiful BMW weekend, listen I know I did. Fufu's on butternut duty so lemme do this quick.....

It all started on Friday. Went for a relaxation at some baus ass Spa in Houghton. Then off I went to the grrrrrrrr party with my SIL's. I must say, it wasn't as bad as I had figured & people stuck the theme; red pants and leopard print tops. I have a Dolly about the top I wore to the event actually. Even the decor was leopard print.... somewhere in the mix it became an OPW scene between birthday gurl and her hubby. There was the cake eating, there was the kiss, there was the vow renewals argh I don't even know how to classify that event. I witnessed mamazala getting down for the first time actually. ... precious moment because she wasn't being rachet. Saturday was BMW time with rebae so I hardly saw the sky until we got summoned to come "show face" at mamazala's.

Glamour Woman Of The Year awards took place on Saturday. Shem at least poor Bonnie won something, was worried she would be the Michelle forever.
LKG & Bondizzle AKA former Michelle of RSA TV Shows
Sinazo Yolwa brought her dairy and hotness. Jennifer Su & friend brought along Jen's trademark, hats.
Bunch of winners pose for the cameras at the Glamour Woman Of The Year 2015 Awards. *click click*

Sunday I drove back to Jozi and caught up with some newspaper readings. My heart refuses to buy Sunday World, so I got Sunday sun (for some light, gossip reading) & City press for some intelligent journalism reading). Was very disappointed with both papers in the end and feel like I want my 30 minutes back.

Quick snippets of what was in the papers:

  • A misleading headline about Zuma fathering a child and denying paternity headlined the Sunday Sun. They had a picture of RSA' president whilst the story was about his son. Such a "Drum" move. 
  • Ntsiki Mazwai's twitter rant caught the journos attention.  Konje what does Ntsiki do for a living, guys? She can't be famous for being untidy and speaking nyoso fela. 
  • Shem poor Hugh Masebenza (that guys from the old Savannahs adverts) is said to be broke and struggling in the streets of Jozi.  He is pictured looking like a nyaope that you are likely to see begging for money at robot corners. EGOLI ke mathata strue,  one minute you are it, the next you are living in the streets off the bins.
  • Carol Bauwer (Kgomotso from the original Generations; another of the soapie's former actresses that is involved in organising an awards event) will be hosting her Mbokodo Awards this coming Saturday. Wishing her luck etc.
  • There was loads of C-grade gossip in the papers too. One can tell these journos haven't been camping on TOLAH lately
Idols ladies; channel O hits...


Them girls! 


1. Mmatema singing Ghost by Ella Henderson

2. Nina singing.... I forgot... *closes eyes

3. Amanda singing drunk in love by Beyonce... Sexy on fleek!!! Mkhaba and all fleeking there...

4. Elwira singing Style by Taylor Swift... Girl got a voice! But she was too strong for the strong...

5. Bridget singing lips are moving by Meghan Trainor... Eish...

6. Nadia singing love me like you do by Ellie Goulding... Oh well...

7. Dineo singing chandelier by Sia... Dynamite comes in small packages...

8.  Shenay singing bang bang by Jessie J...

Have a productive week.
By Queen Troll and Fufu