Tuesday 4 November 2014

My favourite dining spots

My friends and I sometimes find ourselves out of ideas where night outing is concerned; yes there are hundreds of lovely spots but which ones do you find yourselves frequenting? We are always keen on places with lively music and a relaxed ambiance not too uptight, those are for date nights. Being pro #teamtenthousand the places need to be on the classy side off course. I’m not big on Sandton CBD’s I find the regular crowd overwhelming, cool kids and the miss thangz. My gals always drag me to Melrose, I find it calmer in the evenings. Hotel bars are also fun, have never been to the Maslow though.
 
Tried some, I’m yet to try others from these recommended on the Best of Joburg magazine:
 
DW Eleven-13  – Dunkeld West Shopping Centre (It even gives London. Paris and New York a run for their money, they say…) Dunkeld West shopping Centre, Cnr Jan Smuts and Bompas Rd
 
Pigalle  for the romantics – Michael  Angelo Towers, Melrose Arch and Bedforview cnr kloof and Van Buuren Rd
 
Pronto italian restaurant – The Colony shopping Centre, 345 Jan Smuts Ave, Craighall Park
 
Mythos – Design Quarters oh so it’s not only a seafood place, I avoided it for so long because I don’t eat seafood
 
Throbbing Strawberry – Cnr Leslie and Douglas Rd, I enjoy their Duck and orange
 
Taj Mahal Curry – Hobart Grove Shopping Centre…. if you are trying to do Indian without compromising your diet
 
Swad – Melrose Arch also comes highly recommended
 
Ghazal – my favourite Indian food restaurant because memories kiiii and they play vibey music in the background so could work for a Friday dinner with friends
 
Life Gran Café – Waterfall corner and Hyde Park corner

Where do you guys dine ?
 
By: Aphrodite