Monday 3 November 2014

Online Shopping in South Africa

I discovered online shopping earlier this year, I had just started working and you know how it is, you want to experience all these things because you can now afford them, and for me one of those things was online shopping and I never looked back, the convince of just buying things from the comfort of your home, who wouldn’t want that. Almost every month I buy something online, I think I might be obsessed, but that is a story for another day.
What was surprising is the amount of online shops we have in South Africa, I honestly underestimated us as a country, I thought we were not there yet, but I was wrong. So in this post I will be listing the various online shops we have in SA, that sell different things, some you may know, some may be new, but they are worth trying. I have bought somethings in some of these shops and some come highly recommended by friends and colleagues. So here goes:

For clothes
I will start by listing the famous and obvious:

Zando.co.za 
This is my favorite, so reliable so fast and definitely worth every penny. I have bought a few items here and the great thing is the offer you various ways to pay for your purchase (credit card, EFT bank deposit, cash on delivery (in some areas) and other ways. All this is on their website. They also have various brands you can choose from, those Blackcherry bags or Madison shoes, I am a fan.

Spree.co.za
This is also another famous online shop, it has beautiful bags and just like Zando, it is very reliable and efficient. It comes highly recommended, it has great clothes (even maternity wear) and they also sell things for your home, for the bathroom, bedroom etc. check it out, it is worth it.

Za.stylemology.com
This one is definitely for your cool kids type of person, so if you have a sister, brother, kid in their teens you might find something for them here. The prices for some of the things are a bit too much, but they are of good quality. Plus they do have some great shoes for the ladies. So have a look at it.

erato.co.za/
Classy and sophisticated, plus it comes highly recommended by Gracia magazine. This shop has beautiful shoes and bags, very high quality and very fast and reliable when it comes to delivery. I love it, and will definitely be buying there soon. It is worth every penny.

za.nextdirect.com/en/
And last but not least on this category, it is Next, I recently discovered this shop through a friend of mine who is also equally obsessed with online shopping. And it is great, it has everything you can think of, from baby wear, to shoes, to bags, to homeware. You can find everything you need there. It is very great, I have ordered a bag there and I am hoping it will not disappoint.

For bags
Since the sites I have mentioned above also sell bags, I only have one under this category, that sells bags only and nothing else.

handbag-collection.co.za/
There are two words to describe this shop, “gorgeous bags”. You just need to visit their site and see it for yourself. Their bags are of high quality, they are trendy and beautiful. Very reasonable prices so I say it is definitely worth it!

For Homeware
I only have 2 websites that I would like to recommend under this category, I am obsessed with interior design, so I have searched far and wide to find unique pieces for my little home, and these following shops have been one of the places I have looked and found somethings that I liked.

volpes.co.za/
For your bedroom and bathroom this is the shop to visit. They sell everything, from curtains to duvet cover sets to cushions, you want it for your house, they got it! They sell great quality stuff. I cannot sell this online shop enough, so I think it is best you go check it out for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.

6thelement.co.za/
This is also one of my favorites when it comes to homeware, it has unique pieces for your home, worth every penny. The best part is they deliver for free, so all you need to pay for is the item you are buying and that is it. Depending on the theme of your house, they will accommodate you, modern, contemporary, they have it.
I could not personally review all the online shops because I have not bought from them personally, but here is the list of some of the online shops we have in SA, you can check them out and see if you find something you like:
Blushonline.co.za, Eliteoccasions.co.za, Poetrystores.co.za, Queueshoes.co.za, Okapi.com/za/, Zoomfootwear.co.za, Figoleather.co.za, Ingoodcompany.co.za, Barakashop.co.za, e-bag.co.za, makoyabrands.com, beadle.co.za, smacs.co.za, soloshoes.co.za

Any other online shops that have caught your eye specifically South African, so Ali doesn’t count. LOL or do you have any previous experience with the ones mentioned above, how was it? Do share..

Happy Online Shopping!!

by JUJUBEE