Thursday 8 January 2015

Do things differently...............

So I've been meaning to pen this down and I finally have it figured out….

·         Past Hurts have no bearing on your future, don’t focus on them:
2012 was my worst year ever, lost my house and had my car repo but got it back within the month. My biggest mistake was learning not to be frank about my needs and assuming that through sheer hard work people will reward you. It doesn't work that way boo, we need to always fight for our little corner in life and never be apologetic for doing so, especially if you have put in the hours. That was my best experience and lesson yet, and today I’m reaping those rewards. Sometimes you need to put in the hours, get paid those peanuts but understand what the vision is. I wanted to leave so badly but nothing was happening, until I understood I had not reached the pinnacle in that phase yet.

·         I’m team J-LO , love and love again, stuff what people say:
Ok, no judgment, but ladies (and gents) there is no harm in going for what you want. When you think you cannot love again, you realize there’s still some capacity in you. I beg O’ don’t be hard on yourself, its different every single time because no two people are the same. I have that one friend that gets me through and through, and the reason is simple…do what your heart wants ngoba you will either do it in hiding or regret. So who are we kidding?

Oh and when you decided to date an ass of a man…own up and make your peace. If he is not your cup of tea, walk away from it otherwise buckle up and understand what you’re looking to achieve. Once again, no one is there when you sit behind closed doors calling, texting etc.

·         Never get comfortable, acknowledge it but don’t relax, ever!
Can I urge all of us to update our Linkedin accounts, please!!!!! Be selective about who you follow, use that platform to inform and educate yourself about the industry that you are in. You will soon understand or at least gain some insight on what recruiters do. Be your own recruitment agent by marketing yourself smartly. Stay clear from treating it like Facebook, NOT the same platform and pretty please don’t inbox people for the heck of it.


Will do an in-depth article on this later on in the month…all I’m saying is that you need to treat yourself as a brand, one that is respectable and has a formidable truth to it. No point accepting every Tom, Dick and Harrison on your profile…be strategic. Ask yourself this question….is this action getting me any closer to my goal or is it a hindrance?

By Snapster