Thursday 22 January 2015

Own your feelings!


Growing up my biggest fear was to disappoint the one who believed me, my mother… She encouraged me to be me, make mistakes, fail, explore life, and still she never gave up on me, she kept encouraging me. In return, I made sure I do best, to make her proud, to keep her smiling…. Her smile brought happiness to me more than being popular, being like everyone else around me. Our relationship is like any other, but at the end we all want to see each other smile and be happy. My friends lived in what seemed to be a military household, and when finally stole that moment of happiness, they did not know how to handle it. They did not know how to handle failure, how to handle their mistakes, in return accepting life as is extremely hard and frustrating. So they keep trying to change people in their lives, themselves just to feel like they are in control. YOU CANT CONTROL ANOTHER HUMAN BEING who makes mistakes just like you do. But you can control how you feel and react to situations.

Where am I going with this? Why do we feel the need to be different with the partners we chose in our lives? We blame social networks for our failed relationships. We blame other people for our INSECURITIES because ours are deeper. It is not them. It is how we treat the people we call our partners. Do we encourage them to be better people? Or do we discourage them for not being perfect as we picture them in our minds?

How is a person supposed to improve themselves within the relationship if the person they are with does not believe in them? How will they put a smile on your face constantly if everything they do will be scrutinized and will be put down by your words?

If your goal is to make someone happy, do that. You are not doing it for them, but yourself. As people we treat each other how the other treats us. We want to be the best for the person who believes in us and they in return will reciprocate.

“Thoughts of doubt, fear, worry, doom and gloom, focusing on what could go wrong is a clear sign of negative thinking. When your mind is filled with negative thoughts you end up attracting more of what you don't want.”
Let go of all things that don’t serve you well… Be free, and allow the next to do the same…
If you guys did not hate essays, I would have gone deeper… So rather I keep it high level….
 Written by Lufuno