Wednesday 18 March 2015

Can time stand still

With each breathe it grows, a pain so cruel, I find it easier to let my lungs rest, for with each breathe I die a little inside. Bit by bit pieces of me disappear,  I have died over and over yet it still lives inside, I am impregnated with pain, giving birth to hell. 


Life has a way of throwing one in the deep end when we least expect, for me I was kicked into it a week before my birthday, a normal Saturday turned into what would be the turning point of my Life. I was broken, shattered and I felt parts of me I never knew existed , the Sunday that followed seemed too short. But yet Monday morning I had to wake up and put on my best foot forward and work. 


Deadlines awaited me and reports had to be sent out, my life had somehow stopped but everything around me continued as if I never mattered, as if my pain was nothing, as if my broken world was but a mere drop in an ocean. I wanted a Pause button, for time to stand still so I could feel my pain, so I could find some way to carry on but you see not matter how broken you are, no matter what life throws at us, we are expected to carry on. Dragging heavy hearts with us to work, trying to conceal swollen eyes, barely able to hold your tears back with every thought you have and hanging to every bit of strength you have left. 


In this life we are expected to feel and deal with our problems on a schedule, from 8-5 you are meant to forget that right now your life may be a mess. How are we expected to do all this we are just merely humans? 


By Me