Thursday 16 October 2014

News that caught my eyes this week

Read all about it
Hello everybhadi, another week has come and gone. I cannot believe we are so closer to dhizhemba and the festive season is in the air. this was confirmed this week when we all had to confirm our December annual leave. Like can we just be given enough time to take down last year's Christmas decorations first? Anyway, here is a bit of what caught my eyes in the news this week.

The Steenkamps are reported to have said they will give back the money that Oscar Pistorius has been giving them on a monthly basis. Since their deceased daughter was a bread winner they have had no source of income so he had been helping them out by giving them R6000.00 per month. It is reported that they say it is blood money and they want to repay him. This is one of those cases nje. I wanna ask questions about this statement but am also aware of the sensitivity of it so will just leave it here. I wonder if they felt pressure to be loyal to their daughter's memory.

A truck crashed into more than 30 cars on the N12 East not too far from Alberton on Wednesday. The driver claims that the vehicle brakes failed and he is now facing culpable homicide charges. I don't know how I feel about this because as a female driver I usually feel intimidated on the road by truck drivers. My first car was crashed into by a truck driver who felt he deserved to use the road more than I did, so this brakes story might be true, but he could also have been doing a Schumacher on the road. He was arrested on Wednesday and will appear in court next week Thursday.

There is fear that the Ebola virus might be getting way too close to RSA than we ever thought. According to reports, people are now fleeing from West Africa to South Africa in fear of getting the virus. But the danger is that where they are coming from is where the virus is so chances of an unknowing carrier getting to RSA and spreading the virus are high. Guys, this is scary. The way I keep side eyeing people who so much as cough around me...

In local news, we are in the process of changing our hope page name from trollsathome/trollsonline.com. We asked you to suggest names and also vote on your preferred names. No decision has been made yet as some of the suggested name were taken, some were not that apertising and participation was quite low. We will try get it done before the end of next week.

I am on study leave Friday and Monday so won't be able to troll with you. However, will be reading comments on my Sghedlemba phone. We agreed to trollpic our signature scents, I am a good spot so will post mine first.... don't judge

by Queen Troll